Sunday, January 15, 2017

Jim McKenzie The Scarecrow

Hey Everyone!

I'm really exited to post today. I got a new figure! I ordered it Monday and it arrived today in the mail! Let me tell you.. I have wanted this little man since the day I saw the  YouTube video of The Scarecrow coming to life.

Jim McKenzie. He's such a talented man.. I'm blown away by all of the sculptures I've seen of his. As someone that enjoys to dabble a lot in the sculpting realm, I have a hard time believing he didn't sell his soul to the Devil for that much talent. I can't create anything NEARLY that good looking. But, alas, I'm just a crafter who thinks she's an artist sometimes.

Anyway, back to this wonderful little man. I saw a post from the artist saying that these collectible figures were available at ToyQube. Soooo I naturally freaked out, headed DIRECTLY to ToyQube to find my little love. I found him. $165.00 and a few days later, he's here. I panicked right after I paid. $165.00 is a LOT of money when you're relying on your talents to pay your bills. But I know that he is going to make me happy for a VERY long time.

So the time has come. I will share my little guy with you and tell you ALLLLLLL about him!


Look at that BOX! It's the coolest box ever! The colors are so bright and vivid. So it's wrapped around. It has a close up of The Scarecrow illustration on the very front, then wrapped around is another image of The Scarecrow with clouds, sky, birds and the ground. It's a sturdy box, perfect size for what's inside! The bottom has your standard warnings and company info. The top of the box has Jim McKenzie logo on it.
Toy Qube teamed up with Mr. McKenzie and created a half scale version of the original Scarecrow.  This is the base.. As soon as I pulled all of the foam out of the box, this separated. It was packed VERY well.

This is the top of the base. It's SO COOL LOOKIN!!!!!! I can't. It's colors are so pretty together and so bright. Very Oompa Loompa land (in my head) That's what I would think the ground looks like in Loompa Land lol.
What's this?! A cut out!? Awesome. I love that this is packed this way. I don't know why, but I love the cut out.

I love what's under the cut out a LOT MORE!!!

There he is!! There's that adorable creepy little sweet face! Those eyes! LOOK! The bird! Yes!!!
This bird has straw hanging out of its mouth! And a peg on his feet. He will set upon the T that holds the boy.

Here's the boy! The Scarecrow! OH MY GOSH!!!! I am SO FREAKING EXCITED! I love him. I love him I love him I love him! He's sooooo well made. You should really take the time and watch the YouTube videos he's posted about his work. It shows everything he does to create his pieces. The Scarecrow was a huge hit. I'm really lucky I was able to purchase this. If it weren't for him teaming up with ToyQube, I wouldn't have had the opportunity to have him in my home.
The Scarecrow just sets down into this cut out on the base. He snaps in, and he's really secure. There's no teetering. It's a solid heavy piece.

The bird sits right down on the post. The peg goes right in the hole, his feet hug the top and he's not going anywhere. He's securely in there.
Gosh, look at the detail on that boys face, the post and his hat and shirt! See the straw hanging out of his neck? Attention to small details like that make things extremely big!
The expression on that face! Alright.. SO this is his lil noggin. I love the hair! I love his EYES!!! I love the stitching and I love the color. His lil nose! The hat is textured and I love that!

The detail he took the time to put in the clothing just blow my mind. I wish I could do such work. I try, and it just turns to bleh. That's a lot of work he's put into this little guy. His britches and his shirt, and the straw. The gloves! His hands are awesome!

This is his little legs. He's got on the coolest shoes. I'm a fan of these feet. He has continued to blow my mind with the pants and the socks and the shoes. I think the shoes were like the ones Jim McKenzie was wearing in his video of the creation of this little guy. I like that. Putting a piece of yourself in your art work. That's my favorite part of creating art. When I crochet, I always end up with a strand of hair on my work.. Maybe two strands. But there's always a piece of me in there.
This is the front of the base. It's got The Scarecrow on the front of it. I love the letter style. It's suttle, doesn't stand out and distract you from the figure itself. I love it.

This is the full affect! He's assembled (easily) and he's freaking AWESOME.

I thought I'd add this, because I like it. Artists gotta have his name on his work! And it's well places and looks nice. I love the lettering.
Here's a better look at the details in the hands and the sleeves. So good.


Those shoes!!!




I think this hat is top knotch.



That's all of it, folks. That' is The Scarecrow by Jim McKenzie.
Go check him out. Get some art. Love it, create it, post it! I wanna see what's being created! If you're buying toys, I wanna see, if you're making art, I wanna see, if you're buying art, I wanna see!
Thanks for reading my blog. Go buy yourself The Scarecrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment